Thursday, October 11, 2007

Is Pinky Ever Coming Home?

I really miss my doggy! I spoke to the vet several times today. She called me at 10 am to let me know that Pinky's temperature was back to normal and they were attempting to feed her baby food. If she ate the food and held it down, I would be able to bring her home tonight.

I was on pins and needles all day. I left a message for Dr. Hall, but she didn't call me back. When I went home I spoke with Dr. Hall at 5:30. She said Pinky ate the baby food in the morning and they were trying to get her to eat dog food now. They wanted to see if she could eat it and hold it down without spiking a fever. Would I be willing to pick her up even if it was later at night? ABSOLUTELY! I told her it didn't matter what time it was because I just wanted Pinky home.

The call finally came at 8 pm. I was out the door by 8:02 headed over to the animal hospital. I was in the examination room waiting for Pinky. The vet came in and Pinky jumped out of her arms and into mine. She would not stop licking me! I think she was just as happy to see me as I was to see her. The vet gave me some dog food to feed Pinky. They said she ate the dog food, but not willingly. Dr. Hall would call me tomorrow to see how Pinky was doing.

They sent me home with a liquid antibiotoc that she needs for 10 days and an anti nasuea pill she nees twice a day for 5 days and she needs a 1/4 Pepcid daily.

They didn't have my bill ready, so they said they would mail it to me. I bet it is s doozy!

No comments: