Thursday, November 18, 2004

Last DAY in Guangzhou

Today is our last day in Guangzhou. Tomorrow is going to be a very loooong day, so we took it easy today. We slept late and didn't go down for breakfast until 9 am. We came back to the room at napped until noon!

We put Katrina in a stroller and walked around the aprk. We were videotaping the area when we spied a tea house and decided to go there for lunch. They took us to our own private room. It was beautiful and there were water features throughout the teahouse. We had noodle soup (surprise!) and fried rice with lotus tea. Our server showed us the proper way to drink tea and we had fun following and imitating her moves. Katrina even drank some tea, but the server scolded me about not letting her drink too much. She thought Katrina was beautiful and picked her up to show her the koi in the pond. Katrina tried to touch the fish

I bought loose jamine tea to take home with me. Jasmine tea is my favorite tea in the world. It smelled fabulous and came in these wonderfully colored tins taht I know I will treasure for years to come.

No comments: