Wednesday, November 17, 2004

We're Still Here

Many familes in our group have left for home today, but we are still here for another two days. The airfare was so much cheaper (Over $1500) if we stayed two more days, even after factoring in hotel & food. Our friends the Mowers, the Lyons, the Cristofolettis were still here too, so at least we had company.

We did much more shopping today. We bought souvenirs for everyone and more and more clothes for Katrina. I tried to buy silk dresses for her in different sizes so that we would have them for years to come. It was so much cheaper to buy in China than at home.

I bought my dad a chess set and some hand painted mini vases for my grandmother. I bought 10 lighters with Chairman Mao's face on them as great gag gifts. I bought a Chairman Mao t-shirt for my uncle Vinny.

We ate at Lucy's for lunch and I had a ham and cheese, no ham sandwich there with tomato soup. Katrina ate a whole bowl of mashed potatoes, plus cucumbers and french fries. Later I got sick from what I ate. It tasted good going down, but coming up was another issue. We had noodle soup for dinner again today and it was another early night for us.

No comments: