Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Pre-School

Katrina started her first day of school on September 4th. I know it has only been a week, but she is loving it. She enjoys the other kids and learning and dancing and singing. Heck, who wouldn't love to do that?

One of the other girls at the school is also adopted. She was born in Guatemala. They are best friends, well, at least for the moment. You know how kids are. It is great to see how well she adapts to new situations. I was worried that she loved her current caretaker so much (my neighbor) that she wouldn't be happy at the school. I needn't have worried because she loves it.

They put her in the class with the older kids. I thought she would be in the 3-4 year old class since she is 3.5 years old, but they put her in with the 4-5 year olds. I spoke with the director of the school and she really thought Katrina would be bored with the younger kids because she is so much more "advanced" than they. My concern was that she may be missing out on stuff that they were teaching the youngsters. The director assured me that developmentally she fits better with the older kids. I hope it is the right decision!

No comments: