Sunday, November 12, 2006

Wendy's

Kind if a weird experience today. Went out with my family for a ride to a new WalMart. We bought some Christmas decorations. As we were walking to the car, my daughter was crying because she was hungry. It was past lunch time, about 2 pm. AR suggested we go to Wendy's because there was one nearby. I said, "Sure, no problem. I'll just sip on my pomegranate Crystal Lite." Which only made AR feel bad, so I told him to go ahead, because it wouldn't bother me.

We went to the drive through. Wendy's doesn't have soup, so there really wasn't anything for me there. Besides, I had my pomegranate Crystal Lite. My daughter had the ham and cheese sandwich and AR ordered the taco salad. We pulled over to eat. I removed the bread from her sandwich and rolled up the ham slices and she happily ate. I held the salad bowl while AR added in the tortilla pieces, taco meat and sour cream. It smelled wonderful.

Seriously, it smelled better than anything I had ever smelled in my life. The thing is, I wasn't hungry. I just sipped a little and watched them eat. It didn't bother me that they were eating and I wasn't. So even though it smelled great, I wasn't hungry. It is strange to sit and watch your family eat though. I keep telling AR that he wolfs down his food. I don't know why he eats so fast. I never noticed that before, but then, I have never been so focused on them during dinner either.

ONE Christmas present was purchased today. Ugh! I am not in the mood for holiday shopping this year either.

No comments: