Saturday, November 11, 2006

Poo Day

I am happy to announce that poo has commenced. That was a relief because I was stressing a little about it, and now I don't have to worry. Another hurdle achieved.

I have removed two of my bandages. Dr. Bypass said I could start removing them in 4 days. He told me this on Wednesday so I wasn't clear on whether he meant 4 days from surgery or 4 days from Wednesday. It doesn't matter because after my shower one of the bandages started coming off on its own, so i helped it. The incision is about 3/4 of an inch wide. The area is very bruised and yellow/purple coloring, but the incision itself is healing fine. I showed AR and he nearly fainted. Chicken! Yeah, he'll be doing the lap band surgery for sure.

Went out for another ride, this time to the supermarket. We just had to pick up some cards, so I tagged along for the ride. I waited in the car with my daughter while AR did the shopping. I have to take my very own sippy cup with me wherever I go. I always need to be sipping on liquid, so I have to take it to go. No soda either! Well, I could drink soda if its flat, which I actually do not mind, but I've been sticking to tea, water and crystal lite.

AR is amazed that I am not hungry. He was afraid to eat in front of me for the first few days, and I told him that was ridiculous. For 1, I'm not hungry anyway and for 2. I can't eat solid foods yet anyway or I will get sick, so I cannot be tempted. I am craving hot chocolate. I bought some diet hot chocolate, but I'm not sure it qualifies as clear liquids. I may try some later tonight to see how I make out with it.

No comments: